Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Meet Edith & Martin (Rednesday Wednesday)

A couple of Summers ago while I was out on a Saturday morning hitting up all the neighborhood sales I came across Edith and Martin. I found this sweet couple on a table for $2.00. I can't imagine why anyone would want to sell them but I was more than happy to buy them and give them a new home.


I thought they might enjoy joining Sue at It's A Very Cherry World for her Rednesday Wednesday Blog Party!

What beautiful lashes she has....
My Mamaws name was also Edith, she passed away when I was young and I miss her greatly. 

Martin in his bowtie....



I'm sure they will enjoy a wonderful Valentines Day Dinner!



8 comments:

  1. A lot of my friends' mothers had these plates when I was growing up in the 60's. I always wanted a set, never did get around to getting them! I don't see them advertised anymore. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mothers name was Edith and so was my sister who passed away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely couple I must say--they are really cute. Happy Rednesday.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those plates are so cute! I am so glad you saved them and gave them a great new home! You have a cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a simple but adorable post!!!!

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Aledia I use to have some plates just like that but without the names on them. And I put it with the gingham too. Goodness that was years and years ago and you just brought so many fond memories to me. I STILL love gingham and it will be in my heading soon. Its just always so fresh and clean and almost comforting. I LOVE your vignettes with the beaters and cupcake papers in that darling container. Just too cute!!!

    A big thankyou for coming to my blog and commenting on my dessert just a few minutes ago. That just means so much to me. It really is delcious so I hope you get to try it some time soon.

    Hugs,

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Cute! I love those plates and the vignette you've created. Have a great week. XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my mother-in-law had something like your plates of Edith and martin on her walls.. Love finding treasure at yard sales..yours is just right for the show of red. Lucky you.

    Thanks for stopping by and for be my newest follower. Warm hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comments are so greatly appreciated and I read each and every one and do my best to always return the favor!