Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years Tablescape

Ah....the New Year has started off well and I'm looking forward to all the many things that are to come. The good as well as the bad because it's in those "down in the valley" times that we learn and become stronger.


So! the first setting for 2012 is my New Years Day Tablescape. I wanted a crisp, clean and classic look so I went with Black, White & Silver.

LINKING TO: Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday!
                           The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays!
                          A Stroll Thru Life  for Tabletop Tuesday!


I started with a Black & White Damask material to cover my table.

Black Napkins are from a Thrift Store in Jacksonville, AR
Silver Napkin Rings are from the Goodwill.

I just LOVE these drinking glasses!!
Purchased at the Goodwill here in Louisville for $1.00 each!! (insert squeal here) lol...

Here are my Antique Square Cut Glass Plates that I also purchased at the Goodwill in Arkansas, they were $2.00 each!!

White Square Dinner Plates are from the Dollar Tree!!


The square dishes with the silver lids are from a vintage serving set that I picked up at a Flea Market in Jacksonville, AR 
Inside is a Fortune Cookie!!
This one said "You may lack ambition, but not the ability to succeed" hmmmmm lol......I don't think its a lack of ambition its more like a lack of TIME!!




Square Silver Chargers were purchased at a Flea Market in Jacksonville, AR. 




I wish you all a very happy and blessed New Year!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. I love your thrifty finds! I love scouring flea markets, Goodwill stores, and the dollar stores for bargains. You set a beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Those glasses are wonderful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully dramatic table for New Year's! I really love the black and white cloth, and I agree with the other posters about the stunning glasses you found at GW! Thank you for your comments on my table this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely lady.
    Your black and white Tablescape for New Years Eve is Beautiful !! I also love your Vintage Silver salt and pepper set you have, The clock was a great Idea for the New Year and the fortune cookies just for fun.. I do a lot for shopping at the Good-Will shop also as you know, I hope to see more Tablescapes from you sweet lady keep up your great work !!!

    Thank you so much for your comments on my Tablescape for New Years Eve. I hope you have a wonderful 2012 New Year with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. The drinking glasses and table cloth are Plum Perfect!!! Gorgeous, oh what a fun a shabby booth will be, I am the only one in my mall that has one. The other hard core vendors were not bvery impressed until I started selling like crazy! You will love it, holler if you have any questions!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you! Your tablescape is beautiful. I love the tablecloth...I never find good deals. That should be one of my resolutions!
    Cheers!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table is so beautiful. I love damask and it works so well with your tablescape! Very NEW YEAR'S EVE elegant!

    Thank you for stopping by by glog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girlie! I'm glad you're all settled into your apartment and I hope your house sells quickly!
    Yep, KY weather is a challenge at best! I'm feeling a lot better now...and hey, at least I got an organized kitchen out of my sudafed and marathon of Hoarders! :0)
    Your tablescape is just lovely...I like your silver accents. :)
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty table setting. Those glasses are stunning, and the clock was oh so appropriate. I always need inspiration for tablescapes, so thanks for sharing your ideas. Thanks too for adding my button to your sidebar. I'll be adding your blog to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl...this tables is pretty...I am in LOVE with those glasses.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Aledia, what a beautiful and elegant table for the new year. I love black and white and kind of silvery too! The glasses are stunning and the clock perfect! I have a giveaway, come over, visit me and comment about it and that's it. Lots of new year's hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great table. Love all the crisp edges. Awesome square glass plates. Great damask tablecloth.

    It's wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sunday! Welcome!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful post!!! Beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your black and white tablescape. And your square charger is awesome too. Love it!

    Kim, USA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aledia, this is a beautiful table. I love your antique dishes. Happy, healthy New Year to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous - and what wonderful finds you have!

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comments are so greatly appreciated and I read each and every one and do my best to always return the favor!